Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why Cyclo DS Better

I own a CycloDS With an 8GB Kingston Micro SDHC Card, and a EZ Flash 3-1 Expansion Cart. I can say from experience that I have had NO problem with my CycloDS. It does everything it advertises and I’ve been able to play every singe ROM I’ve tried without any additional software. (Except GBA Roms with 1024 Save type, but that was easy to fix).
My brother bought one of the new “Fake” R4. They’re not really fakes, they’re clones of the R4 with SDHC support, made by some of the R4 team after they split. I gave my brother my old 2GB Kingston SD card and it plays ok. Claims to have many of the features the CycloDS has, but I haven’t messed with it enough to see. Had trouble playing Sonic The Dark brotherhood (Would not play at all). My CycloDS plays it just fine without any problems.
The R4 is a little more challenging to work too. My brother had to download and copy files to his to get it to work. The CycloDS is basically plug and play. It takes care of the rest.
Updating the CycloDS couldn’t be easier. Copy the firmware update to your SD card, boot up and it updates automatically and deletes the firmware update. If you get a bad firmware update, you can do a reset using a button combination.
I can’t say much bad about the R4. Doesn’t have some of the compatibility the CycloDS has and all it’s pre-built cheats are in Japanese, so you kinda can’t jump right into your favorite game very easily. CycloDS came with a lot of pre-built *english* Cheats.
There’s A LOT of crap on youtube and various gaming forums about the R4. People getting fakes, the card breaking, stop working, or the dreaded “Loading…” bug that a majority of problems seem to be.
These cards are something you have to be careful with. It’s like buying a used car. It really is worth it to take the extra money and buy something you KNOW is reliable vs. something that’s questionable.
I vote for a CycloDS. Has never given me problems and does what it says it’ll do.

www.gameplayfun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment